- To inspire, encourage, facilitate and promote humanitarian activities with a view to prevent and alleviate human suffering, and poverty.
- To provide renowned programme and service of excellence that build upon tradition of education, research, humanitarian and community service.
- To strive to improve the lives of poor communities
- To offer high standard research.
- Expand the horizons of knowledge through education and research
- Engage in socio-economic research on various aspects of development and development-related issues aimed at addressing socio-economic challenges in the country;
- Provide a space for policy debates bringing together local, national, regional and international agencies, public and private sector organizations, academic and other stakeholders to influence policy implementation.
- Working with public, private and non-governmental institutions in developing and conducting socio-economic programmes aimed at addressing socio-economic challenges in the country
- Provide humanitarian services